Adidas Energy Boost 2 Review – Should You Buy Them?
A lot of thought goes into picking the perfect running shoes. You have to consider things like the overall cost, availability of specialty sizes, style, as well as comfort and support. One running should you may want to consider is the Adidas Energy Boost 2. This article is going to be an Adidas Energy Boost 2 review.
We will cover the main features of the shoe as well as the pros and cons. In the end, we will offer a final recommendation based on our findings.
Top Features of Adidas Energy Boost 2 Shoes
This section of our Adidas Energy Boost 2 review is going to focus on the main features of the Adidas Energy Boost 2 shoes.
1: Translucent TPU Cage
One of the best features worth mentioning is the translucent TPU cage. This portion of the shoe helps stabilize the heel to the mid of the foot by locking it in place.
2: Extended TORSION System
The next feature that we are going to discuss in our Adidas Energy Boost 2 review is the extended TORSION system. This system naturally distributes kinetic energy from the heel to the forefront and offers greater stability for the mid portion as well.
3: Boost Midsole
Another feature worth mentioning in our Adidas Energy Boost 2 review is the Boost midsole. The way this technology works is that it absorbs energy every time your foot strikes the ground and transfers it to the front of the foot providing increased forward momentum.
4: TechFit Upper Support
In terms of comfort, we are going to discuss the TechFit upper support in our Adidas Energy Boost 2 review. The top of the shoe features a seamless design that is very comfortable and provides a very secure foundation.
5: Flexible Textile Upper Layer
There is also a flexible textile upper layer that conforms to the unique shape of your foot. When combined with the TechFit upper support, this creates a very comfortable fit that is perfect for virtually any environment.
*The Adidas Energy Boost 2 is available on Amazon for $124.99 with free shipping.
Pros and Cons of Adidas Energy Boost 2 Shoes
The next section of our Adidas Energy Boost 2 review is going to focus on the main pros and cons associated with these shoes. These elements are going to be the most important factors in your purchasing decision.
Adidas Energy Boost 2 Shoe Pros
- Breathable Design: The top of the shoes is composed of a lightweight mesh material that provides the perfect balance between insulation and protection. You can easily use these shoes in hot and cold weather.
- Comfort: Regarding comfort, the Adidas Energy Boost 2 is very flexible and easily adjust to the unique contours of your foot.
- Durability: You will notice that the shoe is not loaded down with plastic logos on the sides like many other shoes. This design coupled with the durable construction materials makes for a long-lasting shoe.
- Traction: The bottom of the shoes features a unique tread pattern that is perfect for wet conditions. It has several grooves that provide ample space for water to displace while running.
Adidas Energy Boost 2 Shoe Cons
- Sizing: One of the biggest drawbacks of the Adidas Energy Boost 2 is the lack of additional sizing options. There are no options for wide or narrow sizing at this time.
- Style: In terms of style, this particular shoe has a classic look to it. However, the color selection is extremely limited since this option is only available in solid blue.
- Cost: The shoes currently retail for $124.99. Compared to other premium running shoes, this is slightly higher than the average.
- Scuffing: While the bottom of the shoe is very durable regarding lifespan, it is prone to scuffing from abrasive surfaces like concrete.
The Bottom Line of Adidas Energy Boost 2 Shoes
This section of our Adidas Energy Boost 2 review is going to seek to offer a final verdict regarding the product. The Adidas Energy Boost 2 shoes excel in a few particular areas.
Benefits of the Adidas Energy Boost 2 Shoes – Why Should You Buy Them?
They are extremely durable and lightweight for such a sturdy construction. This is a great benefit for those of you who want a shoe that you can travel regularly with without weighing down your gym bag.
The shoes also are extremely comfortable. This is due to the unique TORSION system and the TechFit upper support. Together, these components work in tandem to wrap your shoe in a flexible layer of fabric that cushions and supports the foot from heel to toe. It creates a fit that continues to get better the more you wear the shoes.
The shoes are designed with runners in mind. This is mainly due to the way the TORSION system transfers kinetic energy with every stride into forward momentum. However, they are also perfect for simple workouts and light jogging as well.
They are also extremely easy to care for, and the material wipes down very nicely using a wet cloth. If you do this regularly, the shoes will maintain well and shouldn’t require much else regarding maintenance.
With all the positives, there are certain negative elements to keep in mind. If blue is not your color, you should likely go with another brand since this particular option does not come in any other colors. The sizing options are also very limited at this time with no wide or narrow selections available.
Even with those negative elements, these shoes are still a perfect fit for runners and fitness enthusiasts. They are quite comfortable and will last for quite some time with only minimal amounts of care.
The Adidas Energy Boost 2 running shoe is an extremely comfortable shoe with a lot going for it. It features a mesh design that is breathable and an adaptive insole that is very durable. Feel free to try these shoes out for yourself and tell us what you think of your purchase.