10 Best Free Running Games to Take Your Hobby Digital
Parkour players are always looking for new ways to expand their enjoyment of their favorite sport. That’s why a growing number of free running games has been released on the market. Many of these games are free-to-play on various online gaming sites. Others are pay-to-play games that feature an element of parkour or free running.
The following titles are the best free running games that we could find on the market. Our list starts with some free games that are still a lot of fun to play. It then expands to costlier free running games that provide a broader range of fun. Finding one that you like shouldn’t be too complicated.
1. Vex 3
Vex 3 is a fun free running game that features a variety of exciting and enjoyable parkour levels. Players take control of a stick man and run, jump, slide, and spin through increasingly challenging worlds. We chose this as our top game because it is free and because it allows you to create your own levels! Challenge your friends parkour skills with unique challenges.
The gravity-switching mechanic in this game makes it stand out from other free running games on our list. As you compete across expertly-designed stages, you can switch the gravity at any point.
This switch allows you to run on ceilings, walls, and experience even more exciting challenges. The free nature of the G-Switch world combines with the gravity-switch to make it a truly memorable title.
- Up to 4 players can play on one device
- 30 different checkpoints in main single player mode
- Endless mode
3. Dino Run
While a sequel is currently in development for this quirky indie title, the original Dino Run is still a lot of fun. You take control of a dinosaur that is fleeing an apocalypse caused by a meteor strike.
Along the way, you can perform clever stunts to collect hard-to-reach eggs. You can also eat smaller dinosaurs to increase your speed, boost your health, and beat your old high score.
- Run, jump, dodge and dash obstacles!
- Collect gold coins and upgrade your dino.
- Track your stats and beat your high score.
4. Run Ninja Run 2
Fans of ninja movies and parkour will love Run Ninja Run 2. It is a free Japanese game that forces you to run, jump, and slide through a multitude of levels. The upgrade system it implements helps push it higher up on our list of free running games.
In each level, you can collect a variety of gold bars. Use this money to increase your speed, your agility, and other essential traits of your parkour performance. This simple design adds an element of role-playing that makes this a fun free title.
- Unlimited platforms, arrows and gems
- Fast gameplay: Do a speedy run in less than one minute
- Unlockables: 6 unique ninja suits with special powers
5. Running Fred
Those who want an endless parkour experience will love Running Fred. You take on the role of Fred, a young boy who is running as far as possible before being taken down by various traps. He can’t slow down or else a cute yet sadist death will claim his soul.
This title features an endless environment that constantly brings up new obstacles, such as spinning blades, crushing walls, and much more. Your parkour skills will be put to the test in this remarkably fun little game.
- Lots of acrobatic maneuvers
- Dozens of perilous traps
- Multiple game modes: Adventure, Challenge and our favourite Endless Survival!
6. Mirror’s Edge
The first title on our list that must be purchased before you play it is perhaps the best pay-to-play parkour game on the market today. It has some of the grittiest and most difficult parkour gameplay on the market today.
While it does feature some shooting elements, you will mostly be running across a sprawling city and interacting with it in exciting ways. Honestly, few free running games on the market capture the raw thrill of parkour like this title.
While all titles so far are web-based, Mirror’s Edge can be enjoyed on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. You can unlock this adrenaline injected title for $9.99.
- Heroes Emerge - A young woman without a home until she is taken in and trained by the Runners.
- Your incredible gifts allow you to swiftly navigate the city while eluding those who would try to stop you.
- Go Vertigo - Heights create vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions are felt realistically, and muscles and...
Those who want a sandbox adventure will love Infamous. It has an open-world approach that lets you take on a variety of different roles. You can either help people in the city or go against them to become a criminal overlord.
The parkour in this game is incredibly tight. It lets you roam around the city and experience a variety of different gaming situations. Available only on PlayStation consoles for $38, it is a good choice for those who want free running games that will challenge their parkour skills.
- A New Origin Story: Step into an open world adventure that offers a realistic take on being superhuman
- Choice and Consequence: Witness how the city, the people you encounter, and even the story itself is all affected by the...
- Control Multiple Powers: Draw powers out from other superhumans, creating your own set of distinct powers to use as you...
While this big-budget title is a mostly story-driven affair, Prototype does have plenty of fun elements that help it make our list of the best free running games. You play a supervillain who is looking to take over the world.
During your quest, you’ll control people, take on their memories, and control brainwashed people. Its parkour element isn’t as rich as other titles on our list, but the sheer fun of this game helps it stand out and makes it worth a play of $25.
- A deep, conspiracy driven storyline set in a realistic recreation of New York City that delve into the true nature of...
- Fast & deadly shape-shifting combat that allows players to reconfigure body parts into offensive and defensive items...
- Use advanced sensory powers like thermal vision and infected vision to track your enemies and keep the action going.
Players who jump into the world of Crackdown play the role of a cop in a futuristic dystopia. This title integrates a large number of vertical gaming elements that make parkour a necessity.
As you chase down street gang members, you’ll leap across roofs and slide down long pipes. You’ll experience some of the most fun and unique free running experience on the market. The 3rd installment of this production is on its way where the pre-order requires an investment of $59.99.
- Step up your boom and stop crime as a super-powered Agent of justice in Crackdown 3
- Level up your super-Agent skills to jump over skyscrapers, hurl trucks at your enemies and fight like a boss
- Lure vindictive crime lords out of their strongholds by roughing up their street soldiers, attacking criminal operations...
10. Dying Light
Last on our list of free running games is Dying Light. This title is a sandbox survival game that features players fighting against a variety of zombies.
However, it has an incredible parkour system that makes it possible to leap over zombies and do a variety of awesome tricks and routines. It is typically available in popular marketplaces at a price of no more than $15-20.
- At night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more...
- Free Running Movement – Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the...
- Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes...
As you can see, there are plenty of great free running games available on the market today. The best of these games are free and focus on the fun of exploring an environment engagingly. However, the more expensive variations typically have better graphics and more options, making them just as fun as the free games.
Therefore, you need to take the time to research which of these games is right for your own fun. If you have played free running games that you think deserve to be on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact us about them. We may post a followup list that includes these fun and memorable free running games.
Last update on 2021-01-21 at 03:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API