The Puma Faas 500 training sneakers are a great option for both serious athletes and newbies alike. Runners and lovers of Parkour who need reliable support will find that these shoes offer a sturdy and comfortable fit without any additional weight to hold them back. Puma has incorporated the latest technology into the Faas 500, including lightweight FaasFoam so that wearers will experience the best features on the market.
With a glove-like fit, durable construction, and airy, lightweight design, these sneakers are certainly reliable for the Parkour enthusiast. Below, we will outline the top features, advantages, and disadvantages of the Puma Faas 500 so that Parkour lovers know exactly what they’ll be getting with these shoes.
Top Features of the Puma Faas 500 Training Sneakers:
- Breathable mesh upper.
- FaasFoam technology in the midsole.
- Evertrack technology in the outsole.
- Lightweight cushioning throughout.
- Durable synthetic materials.
These shoes were built for comfort, support, and longevity. The upper of the shoe has been designed with woven mesh. Mesh allows for the shoe to breathe, even during wear, so that they are comfortable in the heat and on heavy training days. Soft and form-fitting cushioning lines the inside of the shoe, which adds support to feet and ankles without weighing down the shoe and limiting mobility. The midsole of the sneaker features Puma’s FaasFoam technology, which allows the shoe to fit like a glove and feel secure.
Even the most hardcore Parkour enthusiasts will find that that the synthetic construction of this shoe is durable enough to take a beating. The Evertrack technology in the sneaker’s outsole design ensures that they perform well on hard surfaces and keep the wearer supported at all times. Shaft measurement of the shoe is 2.75 inches from the arch, and there is a 4 mm heel to toe drop that makes for an ideal fit and performance.
Pros and Cons of the Puma Faas 500 Training Sneakers
- Lightweight design: Athletes will notice and increased range of movement and easier mobility thanks to the Faas 500’s minimal design. By simplifying this sneaker, Puma has created a shoe that is perfect for the runner who doesn’t want to be held back.
- Built for comfort: Both the internal cushioning and the FaasFoam technology of the insole keep these shoes comfortable. This allows for them to be worn for longer periods of time and makes them an ideal option for Parkour, which can involve complicated training.
- Durable construction: The synthetic materials that make up this shoe are designed with longevity in mind. Even in a Parkour setting, which may involve concrete and heavy impact, these shoes prove to be resistant to tearing and other damage.
- Fits as expected: Most athletes find that these shoes are true to standard sizing. This makes online purchasing hassle and worry-free.
- Encourages a natural stride: While running, the 4 mm heel to toe drop on this sneaker encourage a more natural stride. This relieves impact on the heel and ankle, making this sneaker safe for the Parkour lover.
- Weak laces: While the rest of the shoe is durable, the shoe laces on the Faas 500s do seem to be susceptible to damage and ripping. It might be a good idea to replace them with a sturdier option to ensure safety during Parkour.
- Narrow design: These sneakers typically run true to standard sizing, but athletes with wider feet may find that the sneakers are tight and narrow. It is best to try them at a store if this is your situation.
The Bottom Line of the Puma Faas 500 Training Sneakers:
These shoes are a reliable, attractive, and high-quality option for all athletes and Parkour enthusiasts. If you love Parkour, then you know the need for a shoe that performs well and is also safe. Any readers who are looking for a sneaker with all the benefits of a high-end Parkour shoe without the high-end price should definitely check out these Pumas. They are a great value, won’t slip off, and will never hold you back from your most challenging stunts, jumps, or runs. You’ll love the versatility!
While many other training sneakers feature a larger heal to toe drop, the 4 mm drop on these Pumas is an ideal option for Parkour. The jumping and landing that you experience during training can be harsh on the ankles, but a 4mm drop encourages the most natural stride and ankle movement possible in sneakers. Be safe and smart and choose sneakers that work to protect you as well as enhance your performance.
The minimalist construction and design of the Faas 500s does not mean that wearers will be missing out on anything. In fact, stripping this sneaker down to the bare essentials allows for the best degree of mobility, which is great for running faster, jumping higher, and landing safer.
The Puma Faas 500 training sneakers are strong enough to handle absolutely everything you’ll throw their way. These shoes were made specifically for runners, but their ability to hold up to surfaces like asphalt, cement, and any other rough terrain makes them a great sneaker for a Parkour environment. As a lover of Parkour, you need a shoe that you can rely on, and the Puma Faas 500 training sneakers are as good as they get for a great value.
Check these shoes out online or run out and give them a try in person. See all the benefits for yourself and feel exactly how lightweight, sturdy, and comfortable these Pumas really are.